Brooks Leney Boundary Planning

Receiving a refusal of planning permission is disappointing but if the Council has refused to grant you planning permission, our Chartered Town Planners can help, even if we have not been involved previously.

We will review the Council’s decision and fully consider their reasons for refusal and any report that they may have published. An appeal is usually a last resort if there are no other ways to achieve a positive outcome, so we will consider whether an appeal is appropriate or whether any revisions could lead to permission being granted for a resubmitted application. If we conclude that your appeal has a limited chance of success, we will advise you and can assist in revising your planning application to boost the likelihood of a favourable outcome on re-submission.

If an appeal is the only option, then we can assist you by preparing an effective planning appeal to the Secretary of State (the Planning Inspectorate). We will discuss with you the reasons for refusal and can recommend instruction of specialist consultants, who could provide robust input to enhance the case.

There are various routes available in respect of an appeal, including written representations, hearings and inquiries. We will use our personalised service to help you decide which route to take.

We have significant experience of dealing with a variety of appeals for a range of planning matters, including householder appeals (i.e., for extensions or outbuildings), planning appeals (i.e., for new residential development, commercial or agricultural development proposals) and enforcement appeals (i.e. for appeals against an Enforcement Notice).

If the Council has behaved unreasonably, and this unreasonable behaviour has resulted in unnecessary expense (i.e. for refusing an application without adequate reasons to do so or for not following the correct process), then a claim for costs against the Council can be made. We consider whether costs can be claimed in each appeal that we do and will advise you whether a claim could be advanced.