Health and Safety Policy
The firm will provide its services in such a way as to ensure the health and safety of its staff, clients, contractors and the public. The firm is responsible for the provision of safe practices and all partners, staff and sub-contractors are responsible for their implementation in order to achieve compliance. The firm will:
- make every effort to comply with statutory obligations and codes of practice.
- adopt and maintain procedures for implementing its health and safety policy.
- review its procedures periodically and revise them as necessary.
Equal Opportunities Policy
The firm does not discriminate and will not tolerate discrimination on grounds of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status, socio-economic background or disability in the provision of services to clients or the running of the business. All job applicants will receive equal treatment in accordance with relevant legislation and guidance issued by relevant national organisations.
The firm is committed to minimising any adverse impact on the environment from our activities and to improving our environmental performance. As a consequence we will endeavour to:
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation
- Prevent pollution from the firm’s premises and our activities
- Identify potentially environmentally damaging activities and manage risks
- Promote a culture of environmental awareness by educating and training employees in environmental issues and the environmental effects of their activities
- Minimise energy consumption by improving energy efficiency where feasible
- Include environmental considerations in business decisions
- Minimise waste and promote the re-use and recycling of waste
- Obtain goods and services from sustainable sources where feasible
- Monitor progress and review environmental performance on a regular basis
The partners and staff of Brooks Leney are mindful of the effect that today’s actions may have on the future and are committed to taking an active role in putting forward suggestions and initiatives at a project level to ensure a sustainable future.
Data Protection Policy
The firm holds and processes electronic information in the course of its business and is registered with the Information Commissioner (registration number ZA284563). The main purposes for which data is held are:
- Advertising, marketing and public relations
- Consultancy and advisory services
- Property management
- Provision of financial services and advice
- Staff administration
The firm takes very seriously the security of any such electronic information and will take all necessary steps to ensure that such information is used only for the required purpose and by those with appropriate authorisation in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
The partners of Brooks Leney fully support the principles of the Bribery Act 2010 and expect their managers and staff to do the same. The partners have assessed the risks of corruption in the business and consider that the firm has proportionate procedures through existing controls to deter and prevent a bribery offence.